Thursday, October 1, 2009

Nesting

Lil' C is set to arrive around the end of the month... so, I've done some nesting. Literally.

I'm putting the finishing touches on his nursery and was inspired by this cute mobile tutorial I found online.

Here's how mine turned out:

For the life of me, I can't find my fishing line that I was going to use to hang it... so for now... some twine and thumbtacks are doing the job of keeping it out of Big C's grubby mits. So, it's not quite hanging how I envisioned... but close enough.

P found the branch for me while he was out walking. You can't really tell from the pictures but it's a great branch because it really sticks off the wall and out over the crib... so it definitely serves the same purpose as a mobile, it just doesn't move around. And too bad our camera is awful... because the pictures don't really do it justice. Plus... it's much more cute in person.

I love the way all these little birds turned out... and they were sooo simple to make. Maybe 5 minutes a pop. I can't wait to make more birds! Anyone need Christmas ornaments? I think I'm going to make many many more of these birds.

And I like how a few are posed all snuggly on the tree. They're all just hot glued into place.


In the meantime, the countdown continues... about 25 days until we have a lil' babe to put in this crib!

1 comment:

Michael Wurm Jr said...

that is soooo sweet! love the little fabric birds!